Friday, September 2, 2011

Claremorris Public Library

It is Friday, my last day here.  Have become a member of the Country Mayo public library system, in order to get internet access.  I am sitting beneath gothic arched, lead-lighted windows, as this library is an old stone church.

Yesterday, day five, I finally got to Galway, but got out again very quickly.  Totally befuddled with traffic, and just a city. I prefer the back roads.  Drove on down through the Burren to the Cliffs of Moher.   The Burren road along the Atlantic coast is about to be closed off for "filming" , there were set up teams here and there along the way.  Will have to watch out for the film, see if they do justice to the grandeur of the place. 
I watched "The Field" last night - DVD in the Hayloft.  Richard Harris and Brenda Flicker.  It was filmed in that magnificent Connemara country, and it is true to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment