Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Eichhoffen Monday 3 October


The Flymobile had close to zero petrol in it when they handed it over. Also only 11klms on the clock.   So the first task today was to find fuel.  There are not a lot of service stations to be seen. I consulted the GPS and the Voice dutifully led me to a village 5 klms away, Barr, right to the petrol place.  It was unstaffed, but instructions said to insert your card.  Which I did.  Payment refused, it said. Tried another card – same outcome.  Watched the man on the other side of the bowser, and saw he had a particular type of card, so I asked him how to deal.  He gesticulated wildly, said something about sur la route, and then drove off, leaving me none the wiser.  Eventually I realised that the insignia on the petrol place was the same as that on the supermarket over the way, so over there I went, and found a very helpful woman.  Yes you have to buy a card at the checkout, for 2 euros, and then have value added to it. Just like the photocopy cards at Uni.  But a new concept for petrol, for the fly at any rate.  Soon the car had a full tummy and fly was more relaxed.  BTW, petrol is expensive 1.59 euros per litre. It took 60 euros to fill the little Peugeot.  Also did some shopping at the supermarket and now feel quite domesticated here.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get a diesel? If so then the 60euros will last forever puttering around Alsace.
    I'm jealous of you being there at harvest time.

    ReplyDelete